A. ESTATE AGENTS
1. An agent who wishes to operate within the Estate must apply for registration at the Estate office and undergo an induction process covering rules and other administrative regulations of the Estate.
2. An application will be considered on presentation of his/her business credentials, Fidelity Fund Credentials and payment of a non-refundable registration / mandate fee.
3. No agent may commence to operate on the Estate unless approved by the Estate Office.
4. Agents’ mandate to operate on the Estate will be valid for 12 months, after which a new application must be submitted.
5. Should an agent be in breach of Estate rules, the HOA reserves the right to withdraw the authorisation to operate on the Estate.
6. The agent may only operate by an ‘appointment-basis’ and shall at all times personally accompany a prospective buyer on the Estate.
7. If properties are to be on show over week-ends, the agent must inform the Estate Office in writing of his intent and provide details of the property on offer before 11:30 on the Friday preceding the show-weekend.
8. The Estate Office will advise each agent of the number of pointer boards which may be erected on sidewalks on that weekend for each property on show. The Estate Agent shall abide by the municipal by-laws governing advertising signage and shall furthermore abide by the code of conduct of the Institute of Estate Agents of South Africa North.
9. Signage can only be erected after 12:00 on Friday and must be removed by 18:00 on the subsequent Sunday.
10. Any signage not removed after sundown on the subsequent Sunday will be removed and discarded by the Estate Office.
11. Once a property is sold, all advertising boards must be removed within 2 weeks from the date of acceptance and a signature of a deed of sale.
B. Selling of Properties
12. Only Estate agents registered and approved by the Estate Office are permitted to operate on the Estate.
13. When a member does not wish to utilize the services of a HOA-registered agent, he may select an agent of his choice; however, such agent must apply for registration and must undergo an induction process covering the Estate rules before permission will be granted to operate on the Estate.
14. Members and Estate agents are obligated to inform prospective buyers about the Estate’s Rules of Conduct and regulations.
15. On realization of a purchase, the selling member must ensure that the purchase agreement includes a copy of the Estate rules and regulations and the purchaser signs an acknowledgement of receipt for it.
16. It remains the responsibility of the selling member to ensure that not more than 3 (three) “Sale” notice Boards are displayed on the property that is in the market.
17. In the event of private sales, the provisions of Annexure A 5 – 11 must still be adhered to by the selling member.
C. Letting of Properties
18. A member leasing an estate property is encouraged to ensure that the Lease Agreement is subject to compliance to the Rules of Conduct of the Estate. For that purpose such a clause are to be included in the Lease Agreement and a copy of the Rules of Conduct be Annexed to the Lease as an Addendum. Notwithstanding compliance to this rule by the member, the member remains responsible for his tenants’ compliance to the Rules of Conduct.
19. When entering into a lease agreement, the member is obligated to provide the Estate Office with a copy of the signed agreement, and provide relevant contact details of the tenant and leasing agent for record purpose.
20. No tenants will be permitted to enter the Estate without a copy of such agreement having been registered at the Estate office.
21. Members utilizing the services of a leasing agent must ensure that the agent is registered and mandated to operate on the Estate by the Estate Office.
22. Members shall be responsible for the behaviour of their tenants and is obligated to make good any nature of damage caused by his tenants, family and invitees to HOA property and or local authority installations.
23. Should a member fail to make good such damage, the Directors reserve the right to repair the damage and debit the cost thereof to the levy account of the member.
24. Should a member fail to restrain their tenants, their family or invitees to the Estate, and enforce compliance to the Estate Rules, any fines or penalties that may have been imposed by the HOA will be levied to the members’ levy account. The Estate office may suspend the function of an access device of a tenant, with the permission of the member / lessee, as a penalty, to enforce the tenant’s compliance to the Estate Rules, if the tenant is in contravention of the HOA rules.
25. Tenants’ access registered devices are automatically cancelled at the end of the last day of the lease agreement. From there on, tenants’ requires the leasing members’ approval to enter the Estate.